Want to know more? Bolded words are links to sections of the website that
give you more information about the subject.
- The Companion
- a vampire parasite that lives in the human bloodstream
- the fountain at Mirso Monastery that originally held the parasite
- the vampire’s ability to disappear in one place and reappear in another
- Mirso Monastery
- the last refuge for vampires ill with their own immortality
- “The Blood is the Life”
- Mantra of the clan of vampires, a salutation, can be a prayer.
- vampires loyal to Rubius who specialize in retribution
- vampires who are not born to the Companion, but have been infected with it by another
- The Rules
- laws by which vampires live. Rubius and the Elders are the custodians of The Rules.
- The Vow
- Aspirants to live at Mirso Monastery vow never to leave and to follow the monastic path to reduce their need for blood and weaken their companion.
- one who sees permission to take the Vow.
- a vampire’s ability to control a human will as well as certain bodily functions.
- The Old Ones
- the beings that infected the Source with the Companion parasite.